PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
At Goodies Funeral Directors “Goodies”, the privacy of all our clients and employees and their personal data is of paramount importance, this also extends to digital information Goodies may hold about them. We are committed to ensuring that we collect, process and store your personal data in accordance with our values and all applicable data privacy legislation.
This Privacy Statement aims to set out how Goodies collect, process, share and store your personal information, in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI).
Personal data (“data”) refers to all information that can be used to determine who you are or data which can be traced back to you, for example your name, your e-mail address, IP address and telephone number.
Personal Information refers to all information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person (including an identifiable, existing juristic person), including, but not limited to, information relating to race, gender, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, age etc, as defined in POPI.
1. By submitting any personal information to us in any form or by making use of any of our products, benefits and/or services, or both, you agree that this represents your voluntary and informed consent to Goodies processing your personal information. This consent will, in the absence of any written objection or withdrawal that we receive from you, be indefinite or apply for the period the applicable law requires.
2. Goodies will only request, collect, collate, process or store your Personal Information if it is lawful for us to do so.
3. We will collect your Personal Information directly from you, whenever you contact us electronically or physically or use one of our products or services.
4. We will not collect, collate, process your Personal Information without your permission, unless we are legally required to do so.
5. We will not process your Personal Information for any purpose other than the ones we inform you of, or in respect of which we are legally permitted/compelled.
6. We will also not give your Personal Information to an unauthorised third party, without your consent, unless we are legally required to do so for the provision of a product, benefit or service.
7. We may process personal information for the activation or provision of any of our products, benefits or services and to pursue a legitimate interest ,either of yours or ours.
8. If you are giving consent on behalf of a minor (person under age 18) or other incapacitated person, you confirm that you are a competent person and that you have the requisite authority to give consent on their behalf.
9. To ensure that our records are up to date, you must notify us if any of your Personal Information we hold changes or is no longer valid.
10. You agree that we may transfer your Personal Information outside South Africa if you give us an email address that is hosted outside South Africa or for certain administration services, such as cloud services where applicable. We will ensure that we will enter into any necessary and reasonable data transfer and security agreements with any person or entity, that requires your personal information your Personal Information outside of South Africa.
11. You have the right to know what Personal Information we hold about you, and you can at any time request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, by contacting us at (010) 023 5207/ email@example.com.
12. You have the right to update or ask us to update, correct or delete your Personal Information. We may however be required to retain your Personal Information for a certain period, as prescribed by the law.
13. We will promptly notify you of any unauthorised access, use, disclosure or processing of your Personal Information, once we become aware thereof.
14. We will not retain your Personal Information longer than the period for which it was originally collected, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent Goodies to retaining such information for a longer period.
15. We will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. We will make every effort to make sure that your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure.
16. Your rights
As a valued client of Goodies you have certain rights. You can request information regarding the personal data processed by Goodies Funeral Directors. Subject to legal requirements you can also submit a request to Goodies Funeral Directors to amend incorrect data, or delete your personal data provided the request does not conflict with a statutory or contractual obligation to retain data.
16.1. Right to object:
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information on reasonable grounds relating to your particular situation. Should you wish to raise an objection, please contact us for more information.
As far as we process personal data for direct marketing purposes you have the right to opt-out at any time by contacting us at (010) 023 5207/ firstname.lastname@example.org
16.2. Right to withdraw your consent:
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by sending an email to email@example.com Please note that the revocation does not affect the legality of the data processed thus far. Please note however, that we will not be able to provide any of our products, benefits or services, without your consent.
17. Changes to this Privacy Statement:
We may change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time and without prior notice to you. The most updated version will always be available on our website at https://www.goodiesfunerals.co.za.
If you have any concerns or believe we’ve used your personal information contrary to this privacy statement, you can discuss any concerns with us, by contacting us on:
Goodies Funeral Directors
25 Anemone Avenue, Extension 2, Lenasia, 1820
Tel: 011 852 1748 / 011 056 6626
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
If, after having raised your concern with us, you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator of South Africa, at the contact details below:
The Information Regulator of South Africa
Tel: (010) 023 5207
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://justice.gov.za/inforeg/
Postal Address: PO Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017 Physical Address: 33 Hoofd Street Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark.